Leafy greens with garlic & gingerPhotos
Ingredients - serves 3-4 as a side vegetable dish
• 1 tablespoon of light/cooking olive oil
• 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
• 1 dessertspoon of finely grated fresh ginger
• 3 medium sized bok choy, sliced
1. Warm the olive oil in a large frying pan and then add the garlic and ginger. Cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the bok choy and cover the pan with a lid. Cook the bok choy over the medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, until it starts to wilt.
3. Once wilting, it will be easier to stir the vegetable in with the ginger and garlic.
4. Continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the bok choy is soft and fully wilted.
Substitute the bok choy for any of the following:
• 200g of raw spinach leaves
• 100g of shredded kale
• 100g of shredded savoy cabbage
• 100-200g Swiss chard