Endive salad with chilli soy sauce dressing
03/04/15 23:30 Filed in: Endive & chicory
Endive salad with soy sauce dressing (in English)
En français - en train de faire
Serves 4 people (as a side dish)
2- endive hearts, sliced into tin strips, lengthways
3 tbsp of low salt soy sauce
1 small dried chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp of sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
½ red onion, peeled and finely sliced
• Arrange the sliced endive on a serving dish;
• In a small pan add the soy sauce, chilli and sugar. Cook over a medium heat until the soy reduces in volume by half.
• In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and then add the red onion. Cook over a medium heat until the onion softens and starts to turn brown.
• Sprinkle the fried onion over the sliced endive. Drizzle with the soy, chilli sauce and serve.
• A good vegetable accompaniment for grilled salmon.